Monday, January 25, 2010

Virtual solitude?

I left my journal in New York. So as circumstances force me to write on the laptop, I figure I may as well blog it. That’s what these things are for anyways, right?

I have no clue really. And frankly, I’m developing a real concern for these public networks. Especially the social ones, like Facebook. What are we accomplishing really exposing ourselves in such ways?

But then again, I have admitted issues with vulnerability. Have written about being like the moon, waxing and waning in stages of revelation. I have talked about love and the pre-requisite state, which I believe to be vulnerability. So maybe my issue is just that, mine. No need to take offense at on-line friend network.

Its just that lately, I have this dreaded sense when I’m on Facebook that I’m just feeding my ego. Saying things so they be heard. Showing things so they be seen. Seeing others so I know where to place myself.

And I’ll be honest, that’s what’s irking me these days. Not Facebook persay, but my Ego. Interrupting my sleep at 3am, Restless. Greeting me each early morning, Ready. The war against my ego and my spirit is waging strong. They cannot co-habitate, and they know it.

I need spiritual food…a good book, some sacred music, and some solitude.

Maybe even virtual solitude.

No comments: